Wednesday, March 28, 2007

A bunch of old video game commericals.

The first time I noticed video game commercials was when they started advertising for FF7. However, they had been making the damn things for a LONG time now.

When I was looking over old Kotaku articles I noticed this beauty of a list.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/clips/clips-a-brief-history-of-console-tv-ads-224170.php

Notice how the Philips CDi commercial was better than the Saturn one.

Also a favorite was the 1993 Atari Jaguar Commercial for Alien VD Predator (last commercial in the video clip) Holy crap that was pretty damn violent and freaky...



So take a look at how advertising companies who know nothing about video games have screwed up video game ads throughout the ages!

2 comments:

gnome said...

The JagDOOM ad was quite brilliant too... Oh, and about those games of yours you created while in school, uhm, any chance of seeing them?

Caleb said...

Like I said I gotta dig through my old computer stuff. (I just found my original copy of Ultima 6/Wing Commander CD a few weeks ago)

I have a ton of old 3.5 floppys and I did not get the whole concept of "labeling" them back then.

I don't think my current 'puter even has a floppy drive...

So I gotta hook up the old P2 and get it back in action.

Worse comes to worse I will turn the crank on the old 386 to see if any the files are on there...if not I think I still have Quest for Glory 3 on that bad boy...

DON'T get your hopes up. My parents throw away my teenage memories easily.

Plus I am going to see if I can get a new project going sometime soon...