Monday, October 29, 2007

New games. Yakuza! Yeah!

Wow. When you consider it "Yakuza" the game doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Anyone that would have been watching my character would have saw him go into a Sega arcade and play a crane game for a stuffed bird, then get into a brutal street fight (during the middle of which he stopped and ate a club sandwich) then go into a corner store and look at girly magazines. The amount of random crap you can do seems impressive at first, but quickly becomes stale. What the hell am I gonna do with a stuffed toy???

Overall though it'a a decent game experience. I got caught up in the story and I am enjoying the combat system. (I like how if you try to throw bigger enemies you have to tap 0 or they will squash you). I also like the "hidden" key thing. There is a row of coin operated lockers in a certain building in the city. Finding keys for these lockers means you can pilfer whats in them. I already got a cheap knife and a special armor item.

Speaking of items you have limited space to carry them. So while it might seem like a good idea to load up on junk food from a health store you might want to keep some slots open for extra items that crop up now and again. The game is good at giving you really items during fights (at least during the first few hours).

It was well worth the $6 I paid for it. In fact besides "Beyond Good and Evil" this is the only game I have gotten recently that has grabbed my attention enough to force me to play for hours. I really got to play Shenmue so I can directly compare the two.

I also got PSU and Manhunt. PSU I got mint.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey can u tell me how to play the crane game of yakuza? when i held onto the x button the crane only moves forward..and when i release it just grabs.how do i manipulate the crane?