Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Cavemen on ABC

There is a new TB show being produced based on an ad campaign.

I am conflicted.

First off when I saw the first ads I thought "They are just copying the old Saturday night live skits with Phil Hartman". Yes this idea, straight down to the makeup and the way the cavemen speak is EXACTLY like the Phil Hartman skit "Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer", were an unfrozen caveman becomes a lawyer.

Yet the concept is still a winner for a commerical or short skit.

Yet make a WHOLE SHOW based on an idea like this?

They had better pull out some AMAZING writing to make that work.

The fact is that we do not need another sitcom. We need a goddamn SKIT COMEDY SHOW THAT IS ONLY SKIT COMEDY.

The success of the Dave Chappell show and that piece of shit "Mind of Mencia" show clearly display what people want. A SKIT COMEDY SHOW.

Stop putting single actors like Sarah Silverman in their own shows and MAKE THEM collaborate with other people to make them create a true skiot comedy show. Silverman was SO FUNNY when she was on "Mr. Show, with Bob and Dave".

So instead of getting something we all wanted to watch we get "cavemen" Wtf.

We need a decent skit comedy show.

2 comments:

The Sports Satirist said...

I will watch this just to see if it is funny. I hope it is funny.

Caleb said...

I am sure it's funny.

The whole point of my post is to wonder if it's funny enough to take up an entire 1/2 hour.

I would rather have these guys doing these characters for 3-4 minute skits.