Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Dear Valve....Sorry

I bitched and complained for years about the internet requirements of Half Life 2.

However, I did not know about a little option on Steam called "Offline Mode".

After you install the game and update it you can fiddle around with some of the settings in Steam to allow you to play all single player games WITHOUT connecting to the internet.

So I was FINALLY able to take my computer into work one day and install the orange box and update all the games.

And now at home I can play Half Life 2, Episode 1, Episode 2 and Portal!!!!! Without ever connecting to the internet again!

It was well worth the wait. I just wish I had tried this earlier...

...I also updated Neverwinter Nights 2 while I was at it because it was a pain in the ass to do it the other way.

No comments: