Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Ignorance is an approved state of mind now.

http://www.uniformvelocity.com/2009/01/audacity-to-be-ignorant.html

This article sort of sums up my views on the matter.

Ignorance. People are proud of their ignorance in this country. They revel in it.

I grew up in it in rural America.

Yet it's still hard to explain this situation and how we have gotten to this point.

Which is what the author the above article probably ran into when he didn't provide any specific research to back this up.

I could spend some time coming up with real examples from my own life that I can back up with hard facts but come on...

...I am too busy working at my library trying to help people cure themselves of ignorance to do that right now.

...you know plus it's tax season and everything.

No comments: