Monday, February 19, 2007

L33t Dre@mcast Ge4r

Yes I don't know how many of you read this blog but this is public service message.

You see when I was in college I was poor. I had my beloved dreamcast but pretty much nothing else. Not even a computer that was good enough to play video CDs. Not even a VCR. (Of course not a DVD player)

If I would have known what I know now I could have been doing alot better. I could have been playing video ON MY DREAMCAST!

Thats right. It's easier than you can imagine.

Remember this site:

http://www.dcevolution.net/

And this, Dream Selection Vol. 1.

With this nifty, FREE, program you can listen to .mp3s on a tracklist, play some cool games (including the most messed up version of minesweeper you will ever find...) and WATCH VIDEOS ON DREAMCAST!

Just get the .cdi file and burn it using Alcohol120 or the free program Bootdreams.

Here is an easy lesson on how to use Bootdreams.

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=21626

Let me tell you. This little program would have saved my brain from exploding when my crap computer couldn't play the video cds that I had.

Just burn the .avi files you want to watch on a CD and swap the CD's after starting the DCDivX program. Same thing with the included .mp3 player with tracklist. Just start up the program and swap a cd burned with all the media you want.

There is also a pretty cool collection of demos and full games on the Sandman disk as well an excellent shareware version of Quake 1 with 300 frag maps. (think quake 3) In addition you can find CDIs collections of almost EVERY version of Beats of Rage, including Hatchet Ninjaz. Just look at the difference catagories on the left hand side.

Overall it's a pretty damn cool site and I wanted to let people who can't use torrent or sharing services like me know that you can still find cool downloads for your dreamcast.

On another note I found out that Memorex Lightscribe CD-Rs seem to work really well in my dreamcast. Consider it if you have a lightscribe recorder or find some disks on clearance.

No comments: